Specialist Music Teacher (Part Time) - St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
St. Joseph’s is a co-educational P-6 primary school with a total current enrolment of 340 children. St Joseph’s is also enriched by the contribution of our students who can claim cultural links to our Indigenous, Torres Strait and Islander communities here in Mackay. All students and their families are welcome at St Joseph’s and we view cultural diversity as an asset for our community. St. Joseph’s offers a Catholic education for all children. Participation in all curriculum areas including religious education, sport and cultural events are encouraged. There are numerous opportunities for both children and their parents to be fully involved with the school.
About the role
We are seeking a specialist teacher who can plan, teach and report on curriculum for all classes from Prep through to Year 6 in the areas of music and drama. This is a part-time position for 12hpw, commencing January 2022.
What we are looking for:
The successful applicant/s will demonstrate a deep commitment to providing quality Catholic education and learning based on a personal faith. You will be a highly trained and qualified professional with experience in the provision of high-quality specialist educational programs. You will have well developed organisational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work well in a team, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
- a commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Australian work rights
What we offer
- Competitive salary – starting from $30,188 – $43,478 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation options up to maximum of 12.75%
- Leadership development opportunities
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed to the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand & accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a written statement addressing the Selection Criteria
- For a confidential conversation please contact Deb Mallet, Principal, St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Mackay on 07 4957 3355
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close: Friday, 26 November 2021
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.