Classroom Teachers (Full Time and Part Time) - Mackay Region
Catholic Education, Diocese of Rockhampton, is a large, dynamic and growing organisation with a current enrolment of approximately 16,000 students and a staff of approximately 3,400 in Kindergartens, Early Learning Centres, 31 Catholic Primary Schools and 8 Catholic Secondary Colleges. Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton serves communities from Bundaberg in the south to Mackay in the north and west to Longreach.
About the role
Applications are now invited for full-time and part time primary school and early childhood qualified teachers (Mackay Region) to commence from 17 January 2022.
What we are looking for:
Qualified educators who are committed to the ideals of Catholic Education and possess the following are encouraged to apply:-
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications.
- Appropriate qualities, knowledge and skills to provide a relevant and holistic education.
- Current Queensland College of Teacher Registration in addition to an Exemption Blue Card is a mandatory requirement of this role.
The successful applicant/s will demonstrate a deep commitment to providing quality Catholic education and learning based on a personal faith. You will be a highly trained and qualified professional with significant experience in the provision of high-quality educational programs. You will have well developed organisational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work well in a team, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• a commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
• a commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
• Australian work rights
What we offer
We offer generous incentives including: -
- Competitive Salary Range from $75,470 - $108,695 (pending experience)
- 39 weeks of term time for a school year
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Opportunities to advance career
- Leadership opportunities
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed to the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a written statement addressing the Selection Criteria
- For a confidential conversation please contact Michael McCusker, Assistant Director Schools: Northern Region, on 07 4994 8000
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.