Facilities Officer - St Brigid's Catholic Primary School
Start date: January 2022
Status: Term Time (46 weeks per year)
Hourly Rate: $26.89 - $27.86 (pending experience)
St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School strive for excellence in education as a values based school in the Catholic tradition where parents, teachers, support staff and the wider community work together in partnership to best meet the needs of all students. St Brigid’s provides an environment where students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own actions and support behaviour both in a pastoral and practical manner. We welcome families from all faith traditions, willing to respect our Catholic values, and eager to be part of our vibrant learning community.
About the role
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and enthusiastic persons for the term-time contract position of facilities officer 30HPW.
The successful applicant will contribute to the effective and efficient operation and environment of the school by providing a high level of maintenance and development of the school grounds. You will have appropriate experience, good time management skills and an understanding of and a commitment to the ethos of Catholic education.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to;
Practice confidentiality in relation to all aspects of the role.
- Mowing, trimming and fertilising lawns and turf areas.
- Repairing and maintaining irrigation systems.
- Weeding, planting and fertilising gardens.
- Maintaining grounds equipment.
- Checking and adjusting security lighting.
- Assisting with minor building maintenance as directed.
- Carry out minor repairs to school property and equipment including:
- Replacing tap washers
- Repairing leaking toilets
- Repairing windows
- Painting blackboards
- Repairing desks and chairs
- Basic painting as directed
- Assist with marking sporting fields and grounds.
- Assist with the setup and dismantling of tents and equipment related to school functions.
- Assess equipment to determine if minor repairs are required.
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
For more information, please view the Position Description .
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key characteristics of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- For a confidential conversation please contact Tegan Green (Principal, St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School, Emerald) on 07 4982 0411
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
Applications close: 3pm Friday 7 January 2022.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.