Graduate Teacher Scholarship Program
Each year Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton appoints a number of graduate teachers to Kindergartens, Primary Schools and Colleges commencing at the start of each year. Our Graduate Program is a rolling process with vacancies and offers of employment commencing as early as April through until December.
Applications are now open for the Graduate Teacher Scholarship Program to secure an early offer of full time employment. Applications are invited from prospective graduates who are committed to the ethos of Catholic Education and possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (or eligible to graduate in current year)
- Evidence of successfully passing the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students
- Appropriate qualities, knowledge and skills to provide a relevant and holistic education
- Eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment
Further information is now available on the Graduate Teacher Scholarship Program.
We look forward to receiving your application and are sure that you will find a career with Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton very rewarding.
Incentives - a number of generous incentives are available to successful applicants (based on Location) which include:
- Scholarship payment totaling $3200 ($200 upon commencement, $1500 for first and second year of service)
- $500 travel subsidy per year
- Subsidised housing
- Area allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive salary structure for Teaching staff
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions of up to 12.75%
- Access to salary packaging options to maximize employee benefits and salaries
- 39 weeks of term time for a school year
- Access to relevant and interesting professional learning opportunities
- Access to free Employee Assistant Program (24-hour counselling service)
- Access to corporate health schemes with either (Bupa or Westfund Health Insurance)
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Leadership development opportunities
- Modern facilities and resources
- Accommodation assistance and rental cost assistance
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Induction process, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and the ability to obtain approved Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Australian work rights
How to apply
1.Complete the application below
2.Upload a Cover Letter (addressed the the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
3.Upload supporting documentation (ie. Prac Reports, Birth Certificate, Passport or Visa (if applicable), Qualifications/ Academic transcripts).
4.Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
5.Upload written statement addressing the Selection Criteria
- For a confidential conversation or for further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services 07 49948086 or Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
Applications close 3 April 2022.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.