Boarding Supervisor - The Cathedral College
The Cathedral College, is a Catholic, co-educational, Secondary, Boarding College with Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton. The College aims to deliver a holistic Catholic Education where academic excellence goes hand in hand with spiritual, emotional, physical, cultural and social development.
Girls Boarding is located a short distance from the College in Agnes Street and Boys’ Boarding is situated on the College site in Derby Street. Our Boarders are an integral part of the College and enrich College life.
About the role
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants to join the staff of The Cathedral College, Rockhampton, in casual and full-time positions.
Our Supervisors care for Boarders in their daily Boarding routines and support the operation of the Boarding House to create a safe, comfortable and nurturing environment for young people to thrive. Supervisors have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of young people. Rostered shifts include afternoon, night and weekend shifts and would suit a variety of different life, work and study circumstances. The two videos below offer an insight to the role of Boarding Supervisor at The Cathedral College and whether this may be the change you’re looking for.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills. A willingness to work rostered weekend and night shifts and an “Open” Driver’s Licence (QLD) is desirable.
What we offer
- Competitive salary range (casual hourly rate of $33.75)
- Superannuation up to 12.75% contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Australian work rights
How to Apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of three (3) professional referees
- For a confidential conversation please contact Mr Ron Armstrong, Assistant Principal: Boarding, 07 4999 1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.