Administration Assistant to the Pastoral Team - Emmaus College
Emmaus College is a co-educational Catholic College in the heart of Rockhampton. The College offers a tailored journey designed to support students at pivotal points in their young lives. The separate Middle School and Senior School campuses provide extensive facilities and create learning environments designed to nurture and empower the students that they serve.
An exciting opportunity currently exists within the Emmaus College administration team. We are seeking a full-time (38hpw) Administration Assistant to assist the Pastoral team at the college. The position commences as soon as possible, as negotiated with the successful applicant.
Under limited supervision, provide administrative support with a depth of knowledge and broad range of skills which facilitate the maintenance of office management systems which serve the educational function of the College.
About the role
In this newly created role, you will be part of a team whose primary focus is to provide professional services to parents, colleagues and members of the wider community. The successful applicant will work closely with members of the Pastoral Care team to provide high-level administration duties and support them in their roles. This is a dynamic, fast-paced position where routines are often varied and the capacity to be flexible is essential.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. In addition, you will possess a high level of organisational skills, attention to detail and be able to work collaboratively with others to meet timelines. Your ability to maintain confidentiality is of the upmost importance. You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office to produce a range of documents. Applicants with previous experience in a busy school office environment are encouraged to apply. A Certificate III in Business Administration or a similar qualification relating to the role would be advantageous.
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
How to Apply
1. Complete the application form below
2. Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the typical duties of the role identified in the position description
3. Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of three (3) professional referees
Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- For a confidential conversation please contact Heather Phelan, Emmaus College, North Rockhampton on 07 4923 5700.
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 29 June 2022.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.