Indigenous Education Coordinator - Catholic Education Office
Position: Indigenous Education Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $124,670 – $138,521 (pending experience) + up to 12.75% superannuation
Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton is committed to high quality teaching and learning for 16,600 students who are enrolled in Kindergartens, Primary Schools and Colleges from Bundaberg to Mackay and west to Longreach.
With a vibrant working environment, we provide excellent benefits for staff including career development opportunities that build personal, professional and organisational capability. We celebrate diversity in our workforce, and value the knowledge and skills of our staff who are central to achieving our mission.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity to lead an outstanding team that is making a significant difference in Indigenous Education across our schools. The Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton Indigenous Education team is sector leading in their support of students and staff. If you're looking to be a part of our future in Indigenous Education, take the next step and apply today!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and enthusiastic people for the position of Indigenous Education Coordinator based at the Catholic Education Office in Rockhampton. The Indigenous Education Coordinator provides quality service to educational communities in the Diocese of Rockhampton by:
- ensuring that our strategy results in contemporary and effective education and wellbeing for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- fostering an understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and spiritualties for all in Catholic Education through high quality professional learning
- leading and managing the Indigenous Education Support Team
For more information, please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience and an understanding of and commitment to the mission of Catholic Education. In addition, you will have excellent interpersonal skills, well-developed time management skills, and will be both self-directed and able to work successfully as part of a team.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- A deep and respectful knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- An ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and their families to achieve positive outcomes
- A vision for Indigenous Education that is full aligned with the vision and mission of Catholic Education
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that this position be filled by Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples, as permitted and arguable under Section 25, 104 and 105 of the Qld Anti-Discrimination Act of 1991.
What we offer
- Competitive salary ranging from $124,670 – $138,521 (salary is subject to negotiation based on qualifications and experience)
- Superannuation up to 12.75% contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- 5 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata)
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below
- Upload a cover letter (addressed to the Diocesan Director) addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the typical duties of the role identified in the position description.
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Submit your application and supporting documentation
- For a confidential conversation please contact Carmel Kriz (Assistant Director: Teaching and Learning) on 074994 8000
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Friday, 21 October 2022
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.