Classroom Teachers (Full Time) - Mackay Region
Catholic Education, Diocese of Rockhampton, is a large, dynamic and growing organisation with a current enrolment of approximately 16,000 students and a staff of approximately 3,400 in Kindergartens, Early Learning Centres, 31 Catholic Primary Schools and 8 Catholic Secondary Colleges. Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton serves communities from Bundaberg in the south to Mackay in the north and west to Longreach.
About the role
Applications are now invited for Classroom Teachers (P-6) for both full-time and full-time contract positions (Mackay Region) to commence from 16 January 2023.
For more information, please review the Position Description.
What we are looking for:
Qualified educators who are committed to the ideals of Catholic Education and possess the following are encouraged to apply:-
- Appropriate qualities, knowledge and skills to provide a relevant and holistic education.
The successful applicant/s will demonstrate a deep commitment to providing quality Catholic education and learning based on a personal faith. You will be a highly trained and qualified professional with significant experience in the provision of high-quality educational programs. You will have well developed organisational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work well in a team, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• a commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
• a commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
• Australian work rights
What we offer
- Competitive salary – starting from $78,489 - $114,920 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation up to 12.75%
- Leadership opportunities
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and approved Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Australian work rights
How to apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed the the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload written statement addressing the Selection Criteria
- For a confidential conversation please contact Michael McCusker, Assistant Director Schools: Northern Region, on 07 4994 8000
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.