Middle Leader (PE/Technology Design) - Catherine McAuley College
In 2022, Catherine McAuley College will open its doors to the inaugural cohort of Year 7 students, in order to meet the growing demand for a quality, Catholic Education in the Mackay region.
Built on the former site of the historic Mackay Sugar Research Institute, our brand new college will offer first class facilities to cater for staff and students to ensure the delivery of quality teaching and learning practices.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the foundation staff as Middle Leader (PE/Technology Design). As an inaugural member of the College team, you will be responsible for leading the establishment and delivery of a dynamic curriculum, encompassing the subject areas of PE and Technology Design across the Middle Years.
Underpinned by the College values of Learning, Courage, Faith & Mercy, Catherine McAuley College is committed to providing a quality Catholic education in a welcoming, safe and secure learning environment. The Charism of the Sisters of Mercy will inspire the College's Educational Mission and help shape the College's identity from its inception.
What we are looking for:
Applications are now open for the full time position of Middle Leader (PE/Technology Design) commencing January 2022. Teachers who are flexible in their approach, can teach across a range of teaching areas and have a willingness to contribute to the co-curricular life of the school are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to the ethos of Catholic Education
- An ability to develop and lead quality teaching and learning practices in the subject areas listed above
- A willingness to proactively engage with professional development opportunities to enhance quality pedagogy and student outcomes
- An ability to work in collaboration with the Leadership Team and other staff members to contribute to the future planned growth, development and extra-curricular life of the College
Please review the Position Description before preparing your application.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Australian work rights
What we offer
- Competitive salary – starting from $73,629 - $116,060 (pending experience - a middle leader tier 2 scale applies to this position)
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation options up to maximum of 12.75%
- Leadership development opportunities
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed the the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload written statement addressing the Selection Criteria
Please note that current employees of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton can apply by sending a Cover Letter and copy of their Current Resume (including 3 referees) to email@example.com.
- For a confidential conversation and further information the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au or 07 4994 8000
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Friday, 14 May 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.