Children's Services Workers - All Regions - Casual
Position: Children's Services Worker
Start date: Casual
Applications are invited from passionate Early Childhood Service Educators and School Age Care Educators to register as casual employees throughout our facilities.
- Outside School Hour’s Care
- Kindergartens Catholic Education Early Learning & Care Centres.
This position reports directly to the Kindergarten Director or person appointed to be responsible for the centre. Other key relationships include children, families and the Early Learning & Care Consultant.
The successful applicants will have appropriate experience and an understanding of and a commitment to the ethos of Catholic Education.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and prioritise a range of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Ability to provide information and support to stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to the learning needs of students.
- Good oral communication skills, especially in relation to staff, students and community
- Good written, verbal, visual and non-verbal communication skills to ensure positive engagement with staff, parents and visitors
- Sound computer literacy capacity to work in partnership with classroom teachers.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude
- Confident, well-presented and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with staff, parents and visitors
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the school community and driven to achieve the best outcomes for students.
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- A minimum Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent is preferred. Certificate III in Children’s Services or equivalent (ACECQA approved qualifications) will also be considered.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
For further information about the role, please view the Position Description
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key characteristics of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of (3) three professional referees
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- For a confidential conversation please contact Employee Support Services 4994 8086
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.