Teacher (Junior English and HPE) - Holy Spirit College
Holy Spirit College, Mackay is a Catholic Co-educational Years 7 – 12 College within the Diocese of Rockhampton with a current enrolment of over 1030 students. At the heart of all that we do, is a commitment to Catholic values and the provision of a high quality education within an environment that is supportive and caring. The College offers an innovative Curriculum, an exciting Year 10 Transition to Senior Program and a comprehensive range of Senior Courses catering for both academic and vocational pathways. Applicants must be prepared to foster the ideals of Catholic Education.
Holy Spirit College is situated in the tropical, vibrant regional city of Mackay. The Mackay region boasts a vibrant economy offering an idyllic lifestyle on the Central Queensland coast, from picturesque beaches, nearby island resorts to beautiful rainforests.
With a vibrant working environment, we provide excellent benefits for staff including professional and career development opportunities that build personal and organisational capability. We celebrate diversity in our workforce, and value the knowledge and skills that a diverse range of employees bring to the workplace. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission and we have an emphasis on caring and supporting teachers in both their vocation in working with students and other aspects of their lives.
What we are looking for:
Applications are now open for the full time position of Teacher (Junior English & Junior HPE) for an immediate commencement until 16 January 2021, with the possibility of permanency in 2022. Teachers who are flexible in their approach, can teach across a range of teaching areas and have a willingness to contribute to the co-curricular life of the school are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant/s will demonstrate a commitment to providing quality Catholic education and learning based on a personal faith as well as be a highly trained and qualified professional with significant experience in the provision of high-quality educational programs. You will have well developed organisational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work well in a team, as well as the ability to work independently.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
- ability to teach in subject areas listed above
- a commitment to the extra-curricular activities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Australian work rights
What we offer
- Competitive salary – starting from $73,629 - $106,045 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation options up to maximum of 12.75%
- Leadership development opportunities
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the application below
- Upload a Cover Letter (addressed the the Diocesan Director) and Current Resume
- Upload supporting documentation
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload written statement addressing the Selection Criteria
Please note that current employees of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton can apply by sending a Cover Letter and copy of their Current Resume (including 3 referees) to email@example.com.
- For a confidential conversation please contact the staffing officer at Holy Spirit College, Mackay on (07) 4969 2600
- You can find further information regarding these positions on the Holy Spirit College website
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Monday, 10 May 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.