Assistant Director: Mission - Catholic Education Office
Catholic schools have played a significant role in the education of young Australians in Central Queensland for nearly 160 years. Ours is a story of courage, sacrifice, struggle, vision, commitment and above all, faith and trust in God.
To meet contemporary challenges and changing times, Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton has evolved to ensure that our Catholic Schools continue to be student-centred and have a focus on providing high quality teaching and learning in a positive and safe Catholic environment.
In the diocese of Rockhampton, our system of Catholic schools comprises 9 Kindergartens, 31 Primary Schools and 8 Colleges, educating over 16,000 students. Our diocese extends across the Central Queensland region from Mackay to Bundaberg and west to Longreach and is one of the region’s largest employers with over 3000 staff.
Our Kindergartens, Primary Schools and Colleges are strongly supported within the Catholic Education Office by a dynamic and collaborative team that focuses on providing leadership in the areas of school support, administration, teaching and learning, business development and strategy and faith formation.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Leadership Team of the Catholic Education Office as Assistant Director: Mission.
This position will commence from 17 January 2022.
What we are looking for
As an integral member of the Leadership Team, you will have a deep commitment to quality Catholic education, a strong Catholic faith commitment, a record of successful teaching experience, necessary academic qualifications, and demonstrated leadership experience.
The successful applicant will lead Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton in the areas of Religious Education and Faith Formation and provide leadership as part of the Catholic Education Leadership Team.
This will involve:
- Working with the Diocesan Director, Leadership Team, Principals and School Leadership Teams to develop and implement a shared vision of Catholic schools and its implications for Religious Education and Formation.
- Providing leadership and supervision of Religious Education and Formation opportunities and initiatives in all Catholic schools.
- Cooperating with the pastoral directions established by the Bishop.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performing, collaborative teams.
We are seeking to appoint a leader who:
- has an active involvement in their faith community
- has an excellent understanding of and commitment to Catholic education
- has experience of successful leadership at a senior level.
- has the interpersonal skills to build partnerships within kindergartens, schools, colleges and with the local community
- is willing to provide leadership in the areas of Religious Education and Faith Formation and lead in ways that are consistent with the message of Jesus and the Gospels, along with:
- Catholic church teachings, principles and values
- Diocesan policies and directives
- The Charter for Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton
- Catholic Education Mission and Vision Statements, policies, practices and strategic directions.
Applicants who are committed to the ideals of Catholic schools and possess the following are encouraged to apply:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Approved Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Appropriate qualities, knowledge and skills to provide a relevant and holistic education
- Eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment
Key Selection Criteria:
- Broad experience in Religious Education and successful faith-based leadership at a senior level to foster a collaborative and collegial culture
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Excellent organisation, problem solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships within schools, colleges and within the Diocesan community
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
- Demonstrated witness in a faith community with leadership roles
- Current QCT registration and relevant academic qualifications to a Masters level in Theology, Religious Education or equivalent highly desired
What we offer
- Total employment cost ranging from $214,100 - $237,900
- Full personal use of a motor vehicle
- Salary packaging options
- Access to sabbatical leave
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of LSL may also be applicable)
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the application form below
- Address the selection criteria. Please refer to the Position Description and A Vision for Christian Leadership in the Diocese of Rockhampton to support your response.
- Submit your application, selection criteria and supporting documentation
Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools.
- For a confidential conversation, please contact Miss Leesa Jeffcoat AM, Diocesan Director Catholic Education on 074994 8050
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 18 June 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.