Head of Religious Education Department
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
Due to the retirement of one of our longstanding staff, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified leader to head the Religious Education faculty. Having oversight for the Religious Education Program from Years 5 – 12, you will be engaged to lead this key faculty and empowered to design and deliver engaging, flexible and rigorous learning experiences that challenge and inspire our boys.
This middle leader position is remunerated at the Tier 5 level of the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement – Religious Institute Schools of Queensland 2019-2023. This is a full-time continuing teaching position with the balance of a four-year middle leadership contract beginning 1 November 2021 until 31 December 2022. A College review of the middle leadership structure will take place in 2022.
The Ideal Applicant should be:
- A practising member of the Catholic faith, committed to both witness and modelling;
- Prepared, through induction, to commit to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College and be an active and visible participant in the dynamic life of our school;
- Able to work strategically within all curriculum areas at the college, to ensure the Catholic lens is contemporary, relevant and alive at the college;
- A contemporary and forward-thinking educator who simultaneously promotes the tradition-based aspects of our community;
- Adaptable and open to change and new perspectives with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and formation;
- Understanding of contemporary learning theory and practice, with an ability to ensure this is evident in the teaching within the school
The successful candidates will have:
- Formal teaching qualifications and extensive teaching experience across all Religious Education subjects with a history of achieving strong results at all levels;
- Experience as an effective leader of staff, with demonstrated commitment to the team and to building relationships;
- Experience in providing professional development and assistance to staff in the teaching and instruction of Religious Education;
- The ability to lead and quality assure the development of a Religious Education Curriculum in line with the guidelines as provided by the Archdiocese of Brisbane.
- Current registration to teach in Queensland; and
- Willingness to contribute to the College's extensive co-curricular program.
- Post graduate qualifications in Education Leadership or a specialty area;
- Demonstrated experience in leading Teaching and Learning initiatives in a Secondary School landscape;
- Demonstrate professional knowledge through presenting and attending external workshops, conferences and leadership within a professional association.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees (one of which should be your current principal);
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the selection criteria;
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application. We are anticipating that successfully shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on or after the 12th July 2021.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Monday 28th June at 12 noon.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries only (please do not email your application) should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3858 4534
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.