Project Manager – Civil Contracts
- Are you an experienced Project Manager with recent involvement in Civil Engineering projects?
- Permanent full-time role – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available including a 9-day fortnight.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is currently seeking a Project Manager – Civil Contracts who will be responsible for the project management, contract administration and tender preparation for projects within the Civil Construction & Maintenance Service Unit.
In this role you'll manage the development and delivery of contracts for key engineering projects from inception through to completion with appropriate consideration to the Quality, Safety & Environmental management systems.
As the successful candidate, you'll utilise your strong stakeholder engagement skills to influence and negotiate the best outcomes for CN.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Minimum Diploma level qualifications in Construction Management, Engineering or Project Management (or equivalent), or significant demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in project and contract management, including risk management for the timely and cost-effective delivery of outcomes for complex Civil Engineering projects.
- Experience producing technical specifications, contract documentation and contract administration.
- Strong understanding of Australian Standards and contracting processes.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Microsoft Project and Excel.
- High level of written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise reports and influence / negotiate outcomes.
- Strong time management skills and ability to implement high profile / complex projects.
- Class C Driver's Licence and White Card.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Working knowledge of the tendering regulations within the Local Government Act, including a thorough understanding of probity requirements relating to procurement projects.
- Working knowledge of Transport for NSW (formerly RMS) Quality, Safety, Environmental management systems, specifically in relation to the management of minor works projects and the Road Maintenance Council Contracts (RMCC).
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 14 March 2021.
Remuneration: $107,622.75 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Tammara Ward – Contract Coordination Manager – 0413 055 482.
Please note, previous applicants need not apply.