Business Support Officer
- Bring your high-level administrative skills to the role
- Temporarily full-time role for 12 months working 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working with optional 9-day fortnight.
City of Newcastle (CN) has an opportunity for an experienced Business Support Officer to support the Transport and Compliance team.
This position will focus on enhancing the customer experience and creating organisational value from the relationships we have with our customers, while enhancing business operations.
This role will provide a high level of administrative services and corporate systems support to implement key goals and objectives in an efficient, effective and customer responsive manner.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include a range of flexible working options, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Relevant qualifications in the provision of administrative support or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience working in a corporate environment providing administrative support.
- Strong computer literacy skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications including Excel and the use of electronic document management systems and corporate applications.
- Experience and demonstrated competence in managing a workload involving competing workplace priorities whilst maintaining a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to providing high levels of customer service, performance improvement and relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated by experience in consultation and conflict resolution with the capacity to liaise, develop and manage effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team within a multi-disciplined environment and when required to work unsupervised.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Experience and knowledge of transport and Traffic related policies, Australian Road Rules and traffic related inquiries.
- Experience in the delivery of E-services at Local or/or State Government level.
- Proficiency in the use of corporate applications and data entry (ECM).
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 7 March 2021.
Remuneration: $65,891 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Simon Grierson, Manager Transport & Compliance 0249742346.