Project Officer (Legal)
- Bring your project management skills to the role to deliver positive outcome.
- Permanent full-time role - 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working with optional 9-day fortnight.
City of Newcastle (CN) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Officer to provide support to the Manager Legal in relation to project coordination for a variety of legal, governance and risk programs within the team.
A key challenge of this position will be to deliver a range of project management and support services within tight timeframes, as well as managing key stakeholder and competing priorities.
To be successful in this role you will liaise, negotiate and consult with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including relevant governing bodies, management and staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of support services relevant to projects.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include a range of flexible working options, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in a legal, business, project management or related role.
- Project management experience and the capacity to contribute to and deliver on project outcomes within agreed timeframes and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a customer service focus and the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and build strong and positive working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in research and analysis and identifying trends to support the development of project documentation, informed decision-making and planning.
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team both independently and as part of a team, displaying initiative, flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- High-level computer literacy skills in the use of Microsoft applications Word, Project, Visio and Excel.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Local Government Act.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 7 March 2021.
Remuneration: $87,979 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Emily Kolatchew, Manager Legal, 0249 742 143.