- 2 x 12 month fixed-term contracts available
- 38 hour working week with an optional 9 day fortnight
- Utilise your customer centric approach in this diverse role
City of Newcastle (CN) is looking for 2 x Parking Officers to join our Transport and Compliance team. This opportunity will see you fulfil a 12-month fixed-term contract.
In this role, you will monitor parking in accordance with the NSW Road Rules and associated Acts and Regulations and issue parking penalty notices for offences applicable to the level of authority and delegation.
Being customer-centric, this position will be delivering a parking management service which focuses on safety, accessibility and amenity.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide customers and visitors with information on how to use the parking equipment, facilities that are available, civic information, directions and assistance as required.
- Prepare and present evidence in Court as required. Report irregularities in signs and markings, parking meter faults and vandalism.
- Liaise between both internal and external customers to achieve sound outcomes for Council and the community.
- Keep abreast of legislative and policy changes by proactively participating in regulatory programs in accordance with local government legislation and CN’s policies and procedures.
- Role model the corporate values and remain courteous, polite and respectful at all times.
- Respond to a diverse range of customer enquiries and complaints in a timely manner and apply sound customer negotiation skills to regulatory issues.
What’s it like working at CN?
We are focused on making a real difference in our community and achieving our vision of creating a smart, liveable and sustainable global city. We are proud to deliver services valued by our community. People come first at CN, which means providing employees with meaningful work and capacity for work life balance. As a large local organisation, CN offers opportunity to develop in your current role, grow into future opportunities and reach your full potential.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
Interested to know more?
Find out more about your potential new career here.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: 9 April 2021.
Remuneration range: $65,891.73 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Simon Grierson- Manager Transport & Compliance – 02 4974 2346.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.