Accounts Payable Officer
- Permanent Part-Time, 21-hours per week
- Provide a high quality and accurate administrative accounts payable service
- Located at CN’s Works Depot in Waratah
City of Newcastle (CN) is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our evolving Finance team. This permanent part-time, 21-hour per week position will see you located at CN’s Works Depot in Waratah.
As an Accounts Payable Officer, you will work within a highly experienced and driven team. You will be responsible for providing high quality Accounts Payable services across the organisation, whilst effectively administering CN’s payment of legal obligations to creditors.
What’s it like working at the City of Newcastle?
We are focused on making a real difference in our community and achieving our vision of creating a smart, liveable and sustainable global city. We are proud to deliver services valued by our community. People come first at CN, which means providing employees with meaningful work and capacity for work life balance. As a large local organisation, CN offers opportunity to develop in your current role, grow into future opportunities and reach your full potential.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Vocational or Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience in a related field.
- A demonstrated ability and experience in the provision of high-quality accounts payable administration in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
- Strong experience in using an Accounts Payable System database system with excellent computer literacy skills in the use of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Sound understanding of current tax laws, including regulations in relation to the GST.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a customer service focus and the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and build strong and positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and judgement, to work unsupervised and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills along with a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines under tight timeframes.
Interested to know more?
To find out more information about your next potential career move, click here.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 5 May 2021.
Remuneration range: $65,891.73 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week. The above remuneration package will be pro-rata based on 21-hour working week.
Contact: Michelle Barnett - Coordinator Purchasing & Accounts Payable - 02 4974 6131.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.