Field Supervisor – Tree Maintenance
- Do you have Arboriculture qualifications and proven leadership experience?
- Permanent full-time role – 38 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including flexitime and a 9-day fortnight.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a Field Supervisor – Tree Maintenance to lead a team in efficient and effective tree and shrub planting and maintenance on CN land.
In this role you’ll draw upon your relevant qualifications and experience to organise, supervise, and direct plant, materials and labour to complete allocated works safely within budget and nominated timeframes, ensuring optimal outcomes and minimal inconvenience to public amenity during the execution of works.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Arboriculture AQF Level 3 in Horticulture (Arboriculture) or current enrolment with an ability and willingness to complete.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of tree maintenance in line with Australian Standards 4373 – Pruning of amenity trees and WorkCover Codes of Practice within the tree industry.
- Experience organising the efficient use of plant, equipment, materials, and staff to perform allocated duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to efficiently operate and maintain relevant plant and equipment including chainsaws, stump grinder, wood chipper, and Elevated Work Platform.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with staff, supervisors, and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to keep and maintain accurate written and electronic records for daily activities and tasks.
- General WHS Induction for Construction Work in NSW Certificate (White Card) and minimum class MR driver's licence.
- Certification in Safe Work Near Powerlines, Apply Traffic Control Plans and Select Modify Traffic Control Plans, or willingness to obtain.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Experience in relation to Visual Tree assessment, Tree Hazard Evaluation, and associated reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of general office computer software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and asset management systems.
- Elevated Work Platform Certificate (National Licence to perform High Risk Work WP - boom type Elevating Work Platform over 11m).
- Demonstrated experience and ability to safely and efficiently undertake complex tree works and remove large hazardous trees, including demonstrated competence in the use of friction drums incorporating the relevant rigging, ropes pulleys, and safe working loads.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 9 May 2021.
Remuneration: $65,891.73 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Corey Andrews, City Greening Services Manager, 02 4974 6034.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.