Team Leader Barista
- Utilise your hospitality experience in a fun and fast paced environment.
- Permanent, Full Time Opportunity – 38 hour week.
- Ensure an exceptional food and beverage experience at Newcastle’s iconic Civic venues.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
The Café at Civic Theatre is a contemporary and lively space located within one of the City's most iconic buildings. City of Newcastle (CN) is currently seeking a passionate and experienced Team Leader Barista to join the Food and Beverage team. As the Team Leader Barista, you will work collaboratively within a team to provide excellent café operations, primarily at Civic Digest and across catered events at Civic Services associated venues or locations.
Leading the café's team of baristas, you will manage staff in day-to-day operations and perform relevant administrative duties to ensure all services provided are delivered at the highest possible standard, providing the best possible experience. It is essential that you aim to provide a safe, welcoming environment for all patrons and staff, maximising the customers enjoyment of our facilities.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Experience in busy hospitality environments
- Experience in training staff and mentoring peers
- High level barista skills and experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Ability in managing and delegating multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- High levels of cash-handling skills
- Ability to work within set financial parameters
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certification
- Prepared to work extraordinary hours in line with events and hospitality industry expectations
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Experience with Kounta point-of-sale software
- Current Food Safety Certificate
- Drivers licence
- First Aid certification
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 25 July 2021.
Remuneration: $52,362.17 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Mick Steel – Food and Beverage Coordinator – 02 4974 2163
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.