Destination Marketing Officer
- Play a key role in developing and delivering marketing campaigns for our amazing city!
- 12-month parental leave contract, 35 hour working week
- Flexible working with optional 9-day fortnight
City of Newcastle (CN) are focused on making a real difference in our community and achieving our vision of creating a smart, liveable and sustainable global city.
CN's Major Events and Corporate Affairs (MECA) team are looking for a Destination Marketing Officer to join our team to fulfil an up to 12-month parental leave contract.
Reporting to the Tourism Manager, you will manage CN's tourism digital assets to increase destination appeal and drive visitation. This includes the delivery of engaging and relevant content aligned to Newcastle's experience pillars, monthly reporting, and maintenance of digital assets. In addition, you will proactively work with external contractors, key stakeholders, and industry networks to deliver relevant initiatives outlined in the Destination Management Plan.
What’s it like working in MECA?
MECA delivers a vibrant city through flagship events and destination marketing, while building our community relationships through engagement and communications. MECA delivers strategic communications for the organisation encompassing internal and external communications, branding and design. A specific focus is whole-of-organisation communication and promotion. We continually enhance and evolve CN's community engagement activities to increase community involvement in decision-making.
The essentials you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Tourism Management, or related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Extensive tourism marketing experience to build destination awareness, increase visitation and expenditure and measure conversion via integrated marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability in the day-to-day use and optimisation of websites, social media platforms and other marketing channels to boost engagement with key target markets.
- Demonstrated experience in tourism industry development and understanding of tourism industry distribution channels.
- A willingness to work in a dynamic and fluid environment with the flexibility to work outside regular business hours during the evening and on weekends.
Interested to know more?
Find out more about your potential new career here.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 1 August 2021.
Remuneration range: $84,501.63 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Georgia Lazzari- Tourism Manager -02 49742870.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.