Vehicle Safety and Inspection Officer
- Manage the safety and compliance of CN’s fleet assets
- Fixed-term, full-time role to late December 2021 – 38 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including a 9-day fortnight.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking an experienced Vehicle Safety and Inspection Officer to join our Depot Operations team. Depot Operations is a team of 30+ staff that enables other services within CN to operate at their service potential by providing and maintaining sustainable, fit-for purpose plant/fleet asset services and operational works depot management to the organisation.
As the Vehicle Safety and Inspection Officer, you’ll be responsible for managing the safety and compliance of CN’s fleet assets, from concept through to disposal. Your primary focus will be ensuring CN’s fleet assets comply with the National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme (NHVAS) and maintain accreditation through the provision of safety inspection audits, document management and the coordination of annual fleet registrations.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Relevant mechanical trades qualifications and experience as a mechanical technician.
- Light and heavy AIS Examiners and Proprietors Certificate.
- Approved Plant Inspector Certificate (RMS - G22).
- Experience in electronic, hydraulic and air pressure systems diagnostics and repairs, along with calibrating and inspecting vehicle weighing systems.
- Previous experience commissioning and reviewing vehicle safety compliance and WHS documentation.
- Extensive experience using software and systems and/or Microsoft suite.
- Valid HR Driver's licence.
- Ability to perform allocated duties with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of relevant Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment, contribute to team objectives and focus on continuous improvement.
- Literacy and numeracy skills adequate to meet the requirements of the position.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Experience in Vehicle specification tender documentation development.
- Experience in TechOne suite of programs.
- Experience in safety/ incident investigations.
- Ability to participate in an on-call roster
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are valued, encouraged and respected. People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 04 August 2021
Remuneration: $72,679.73 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Manager, Depot Operations – 02 4974 6010
Please note, this role has been readvertised as 'Vehicle Safety and Inspection Officer' however is titled 'Vehicle Safety Officer' at CN.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.