Event Sales Officer
- Exciting opportunity for a proven event sales professional.
- Full Time Fixed Term opportunity until August 2022 – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is currently seeking an enthusiastic Event Sales Officer to join our Civic Services team, proactively identifying and securing function and event bookings for Newcastle City Hall, Fort Scratchley and Newcastle Museum.
Utilising your proven skills in a similar role, you’ll be responsible for actively pursuing potential leads, developing new business, and implementing sales initiatives and campaigns. You will be results driven and have a strong focus on excellent client relationships and retention.
Forging strong relationships, you’ll provide clients with advice on event conceptualisation including detailed operational planning for the event, technical, food, beverage, marketing and audio-visual services, to ensure the best possible outcome for their events.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Substantial experience in a similar role for a venue-based functions and events business.
- Demonstrated achievement in a sales environment including meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and maintain effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and contribute fully to a team by securing, assessing and distributing critical operational information in a timely, clear, concise and reliable way.
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills with a strong emphasis on time management, financial accountability and flexibility to adjust and adapt workload to meet competing priorities.
- Experience in budgeting, cost control, and expense recovery.
- Experience in using event software (preferably Ungerboeck) and documentation management systems for the purposes of managing events, including taking bookings, invoicing and financial management and resource allocation.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Tertiary qualification or relevant industry experience in events management.
- Established network of function and event client contacts.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are valued, encouraged and respected. People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 01 August 2021
Remuneration: $72,679.73 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Samantha Bullen – Venues and Visitor Services Manager – 02 4974 2164
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.