RPA Operations Support Officer (Internal Only)
- 16 month fixed-term contract, 35 hours per week
- Play a key role in providing support to the RPA team management team
City of Newcastle (CN) is looking for an Operations Support Officer to join our Regulatory, Planning & Assessment team (RPA), reporting to the Service Unit Manager.
The primary focus of the position is to work collaboratively with the RPA Operations Coordinator to support the RPA service unit in the delivery of city planning and driving developments, through the provision of providing a high level of administrative and coordination activities and exceptional customer experiences.
What’s it like working in Regulatory, Planning and Assessment (RPA)?
The RPA Service Unit is responsible for leading strategic land use planning, development assessment, regulatory and compliance functions and processes to facilitate, enable and regulate development and related activities across the Newcastle Local Government Area.
The RPA Service Unit ensures compliance with legislative requirements, provides advice and undertakes assessment to inform evidence-based decision making throughout and across City of Newcastle (CN). The Service Unit has significant direct community and stakeholder engagement through its land use planning, development assessment and regulatory functions.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Certificate III in Business Administration, Management, and/or an equivalent level of professional competence and experience in office management, business administration or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in providing high level administrative support to a team coupled with a high level of confidentiality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Highly developed time management skills with experience in meeting strict deadlines, paying attention to detail and dealing with conflicting and varied demands.
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively write and compile complex correspondence and reports including minute taking, while ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a team of people to ensure quality outcomes are delivered to a high standard, while exercising initiative and judgement.
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and corporate information systems including OneCouncil, ECM, Minutes Manager, Project Tracking and Kentico – CN’s internet and intranet publishing system.
- Skills and knowledge with creation and formatting of documents including policies, manuals, and master plans.
- Proven ability in business process improvements including technological development, changes in work procedures and organisation change.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the coordination of Business Unit operational needs to ensure team effectiveness, process improvement and delivery of organisation objectives.
- Effective team player with a capacity to be flexible, motivated and participate in an inclusive team.
Interested to know more?
Find out more about your potential new career here.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 28 July 2021.
Remuneration range: $72,679.73 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Michelle Bisson- Manager Planning, Regulatory and Assessment – 0466820995.
We encourage internal employees to inform their current managers if this opportunity is of interest before submitting a formal application.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.