City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a Property Manager to support the Property & Facilities team with a variety of administrative, reporting and finance-related duties. Drawing upon your relevant experience, you will be managing all lease and licence agreements within CN's commercial, retail, community, infrastructure, residential and leasehold portfolios.
Reporting to Property Services Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with tenants on any issues of relevance to the property and lease, attending to maintenance issues, coordinating lease renewals, annual budget preparation and monthly reporting including general issues, financial analysis, tenant matters and upcoming works and arrears recommendations.
We value diversity of thought, and we focus on equity in the workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected, safe and valued so they can be themselves and fully contribute their opinions and perspectives to the success of the organisation.
The essentials you’ll need:
- A degree or professional qualifications in a relevant field including property management, real estate, related studies or law
- Relevant experience in leasing or property management
- Highly developed commercial acumen combined with analytical and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated capacity to problem solve, work independently and exercise initiative, judgement and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise own work, considering the impact on others to achieve results to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite and corporate information systems
- Ability to understand and implement corporate policies, procedures and systems relevant to the position
- Experience in the use of financial systems and budget management
- Class C driver’s licence
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the legislative framework within which the City operates – including, but not limited to:
- Local Government Act and Regulation;
- Crown Land Management Act 2016;
- Roads Act 1993; and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of valuation, conveyancing and property market principles and practices
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
Our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are valued, encouraged and respected. People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 19 September 2021
Remuneration: $84,501.63 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Nick Wells – Property Services Manager – 02 4974 2887.
Please note: we have advertised with the title ‘Property Manager' for recruitment purposes only, this position is titled Property Management Officer within CN.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.