Senior Field Worker – Parks
- Lead a team maintaining CN’s Open Spaces.
- Permanent, full-time role – 38 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a self-motivated and passionate Senior Field Worker to assist in leading a team ensuring the Open Space Maintenance Program for CN’s sports fields, parks and reserves is delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
Drawing on your proven experience and/or qualifications in horticulture or greenkeeping, you’ll create a positive and supportive environment while supervising team members to undertake maintenance activities across CN’s active and passive open space areas, ensuring efficient and quality service delivery, while minimizing inconvenience to public amenity during the execution of works.
Responsibilities will include leading the team in seasonal spraying, irrigation maintenance, minor tree maintenance, and floral display maintenance, including the safe operation of relevant equipment and machinery. You’ll deliver quality work outcomes, with adherence to Workplace Health and Safety requirements as well as relevant industry standards.
We value diversity of thought, and we focus on equity in the workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected, safe and valued so they can be themselves and fully contribute their opinions and perspectives to the success of the organisation.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Horticultural/Greenkeeping qualifications and/or equivalent relevant knowledge, experience and a demonstrated capacity to deliver.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and co-ordinate labour, plant and resources to achieve set service level standards.
- Construction Induction Card and Implement Traffic Control Card or willingness to obtain.
- Class C Driver’s Licence and willingness to obtain MR / HR Licence (manual).
- Knowledge in the use of computer software such as Microsoft programs, Outlook and smart phones.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and to promote good teamwork to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to identify and report parks and sporting facilities asset defects and to implement corrective actions as required.
- Working knowledge of relevant WHS and EEO requirements.
- Sound knowledge in the application and safe use of chemicals and hold a current Chemcert III qualification.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with a wide range of stake holders incorporating interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff in all facets of parks and recreation grounds maintenance.
- Experience in small scale landscape construction and playground maintenance works.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are valued, encouraged and respected. People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Thursday 16 September 2021.
Remuneration: $61,210.57 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Paul Russell – Park Team Coordinator – 02 4974 6041.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.