Operator Driver - Waste Services
- Are you looking to build upon your Plant Operation and HR driving experience?
- Permanent full-time role – 38 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a dedicated and reliable Operators/Driver with HR licenses to join our Waste and Landfill Operations team, with a focus on safety, high-quality customer service outcomes and operational efficiency, including an emphasis on continuous improvement.
Based at Summerhill Waste Management Centre, you’ll assist with and ensure the smooth, safe and efficient operation of the Waste Disposal, Recycling and Reuse Facility, drawing upon your proven HR driving experience and experienced in the operation of site plant and machinery including but not limited to excavator, dozer, skidsteer loader, front-end loader, grader, and dump truck.
We value diversity of thought, and we focus on equity in the workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected, safe and valued so they can be themselves and fully contribute their opinions and perspectives to the success of the organisation.
The essentials you’ll need:
- HR Class Licence
- Competent and experienced in the operation of site plant and machinery including, but not limited to; excavator, dozer, skidsteer loader, front-end loader, grader, dump truck and landfill compactor.
- Availability to work staggered, non-standard start and finish times over 7 days per week
- Must be available to participate in all on-site rosters as required to permit 364 day operations each year, including scheduled and unscheduled overtime. (example: Scheduled to work every 3rd weekend)
- Physical ability to perform the work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Work Health & Safety principles and practices
- Manage variable workloads that often have peak demands
- Previous customer service experience and demonstrated experience of controlling emotive or confrontational situations.
- Possess the following competencies:
- RIIMPO323A or D - Conduct Civil construction dozer operations &/OR RIIMPO318B – Conduct Civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO321B or D - Conduct Civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
- RIIMPO320B or D - Conduct Civil construction excavator operations
- RIIMPO311A - Conduct Haul Truck Operations or RIIMPO337D - Conduct Articulated Haul Truck Operations
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
Our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are valued, encouraged and respected. People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 28 November 2021
Remuneration: $64,874.30 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Brad Wood – Site Operations Manager – 02 4974 6616