Expressions of Interest- Customer Service Officer
- Permanent, part-time, full-time, fixed term and casual opportunities available
- Rostered 7 hour shifts between 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Rewarding and challenging contact centre and face to face customer service role.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) for passionate, dynamic and customer focused people to join our team.
As a Customer Service Officer, you will provide an exceptional customer experience as the first point of contact for our community, delivering quality and meaningful interactions for over the phone and face to face customer enquiries. No day will ever be the same in this rewarding and varied position, where you will play a key role in our contact centre, front of house administration and digital functions.
What’s it like working at the City of Newcastle?
We are focused on making a real difference in our community and achieving our vision of creating a smart, liveable and sustainable global city. We are proud to deliver services valued by our community. People come first at the City of Newcastle, which means providing employees with meaningful work and capacity for work life balance. As a large local organisation, the City of Newcastle offers opportunity to develop in your current role, grow into future opportunities and reach your full potential.
Our organisation’s values are Cooperation, Respect, Excellence and Wellbeing which are underpinned by our behaviours of courage, trust and pride. Together, our values and behaviours support our decision making, our day to day interactions and everything we do.
To be considered for our upcoming Customer Service Officer vacancies you will need:
- Extensive experience in customer service delivery within a high-volume environment.
- Well developed communication skills, including the ability to present a personable and professional image through appropriate face to face, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- A demonstrated experience in positively and proactively identifying customers’ needs, adapting to customers’ communication style and demonstrating empathy.
- A proven ability to exercise sound judgement together with a high degree of problem solving, initiative and confidentiality.
- High level organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Interested to know more?
To be considered for upcoming opportunities within the CN Customer Service Team, express your interest by submitting your application.
CN regularly recruit permanent, part-time, full-time, fixed term and casual opportunities. All expression of interest applications will be reviewed and assessed against the above selection criteria.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for these opportunities.
Remuneration range: $68,415.94 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.