Community Support Workers
- Permanent and casual positions available
- Flexible and ongoing rosters
- Adelaide metropolitan locations
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside our customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities.
About the role
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic community support workers to work across our Adelaide Metropolitan services!
- We support our customers 24/7, including overnights and weekends. Supported Independent Living, Short Term Accommodation, Holiday Options and Home & Community Support for children and adults
- Positions currently available across the Adelaide metropolitan region covering all areas, Southern, Western, Northern and North Eastern
- Providing support to our customers including children and adults, both in accommodation and short term/respite services, in a supportive and safe environment
- Experience in high and complex behaviours as well as manual handling is desirable
- Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
- Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
- Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
- Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
- We need you to be flexible to work over a 7 day, 24 hour roster period including mornings, evenings, weekends and sleepovers
- Passionate about making a difference to our customers
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of person centred thinking practice
- Good level of IT skills and use of smart technology
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Desirable) or equivalent experience
- Current SA Driver’s Licence
- Current DHS Disability Employment / NDIS Worker Check and Child Related Employment Screening / Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Willingness to undergo psychometric assessment for our DCP children's services (if applicable)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- You have the rights to work in Australia
- Supportive, rewarding friendly work environment
- Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussing on our people
- Competitive remuneration plus salary packaging benefits
- On the job paid training
- Join a recognised industry leader in person centred active disability support
How do I apply?
- Please complete the details below including Resume and Cover Letter
- To view the Position Description please click here
- For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
- The closing date for this role 5:00pm COB Friday 30th April 2021
- Please note: Only suitable candidates will be contacted