Senior Industrial / Employee Relations Advisor
- Be an integral part of the Human Resources team
- Showcase your Industrial Relations experience
- Competitive remuneration and salary packaging
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside our customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities!
Your New Role
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the role of Senior Industrial / Employee Relations Advisor is pivotal in providing expert advice and guidance to the Human Resources team on IR/ER matters that builds capabilities across these specialist fields. Responsibility for developing an industrial / employee relations framework including policies and procedures will be paramount in fostering a culture of proactivity and early intervention.
The Senior Industrial / Employee Relations Advisor will also be responsible for, but not limited to:
- promoting and coaching leaders in ensuring compliance with legislation and policy
- providing technical oversight and Human Resource advice to their Human Resource Business Partners on contracts, industrial agreements and interpretations and working rights
- act as a key member of the Cara enterprise bargaining team
This newly created role will be crucial to Cara’s future success as the employee relations framework is conceptualised, developed and implemented within the organisation. This position also provides an opportunity to be at the forefront of Enterprise Agreement negotiations.
- Great career opportunities in a growing organisation
- Access to Smart technology including laptop and phone, vehicle packaging options
- Rewarding, friendly work environment
- New office, state of the art building, with modern facilities and open plan area
- Competitive remuneration package including salary sacrifice benefits
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Law or related field and/or extensive relevant experience
- Contemporary knowledge of Australia’s industrial relations system and the application of legislation and industrial instruments
- Recent and significant experience in the interpretation and practical application of legislation, industrial instruments, HR/IR policy and contract law
- Experience in advocacy and in representing organisations at industrial commissions/tribunals
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills that build and maintain positive, constructive relationships
- The ability to relay complex and legalistic information in a succinct manner that is understandable by the audience
- The ability to produce comprehensive, succinct and accurately researched communication such as reports, industrial briefings and correspondence
- Creative problem solving, initiative and excellent customer service skills
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and competing priorities
- Negotiation and planning skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- High level of computer literacy including MS Office and other relevant packages including HRMS
- Current DHS Disability Employment Screening / NDIS Worker Check, DCSI Child Related Employment Clearance and/or Working with Children Check (or willing to acquire)
- Current South Australian Driver's Licence
- Rights to work in Australia
How do I apply?
To submit your application complete the online application below including your resume and Cover Letter.
To find out more and view the Position Description, please click here
For a confidential discussion please contact Katy Facer, Human Resources Manager on (08) 8347 4588
The closing date for this role 5:00pm Sunday 26 September 2021
Please note: Only suitable candidates will be contacted