Supervisor - Afternoon Shift
We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Supervisor – Afternoon Shift to further their career with Emergent Cold.
Emergent Cold has established its initial presence in Australia and Asia through the acquisition of Swire Cold Storage Australia and Vietnam in December 2017. Emergent Cold is led by an experienced US based executive team with the Australasian head-quarters based in Melbourne.
Based in Lurnea, NSW and reporting to the Logistics Services Manager you will be responsible for leading the afternoon shift operation and ensuring operational requirements for customer expectations are met.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective leadership through means of feedback, modelling positive and safety conscious behaviour and establishing clear expectations
- Lead and manage performance of the team, including reviewing KPIs on a regular basis
- Ensure the team is in full compliance with the Company’s Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure daily and weekly labour and resourcing requirements are met
- Provide effective scheduling of resources: resource planning, labour utilisation and efficiency
- Ensure all instances of service failure or loss of or damage of goods are investigated and actioned
- Seek out and implement initiatives to improve operational performance and increase customer service
To be successful, you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in warehousing or supply chain logistics operations
- Experience in providing leadership across an operational team, focusing on safety as a priority
- Understanding of Chain of responsibility (CoR) and its application in a warehouse environment
- Experience using a Warehouse Management System including RF scanning
- Experience in forecasting labour and equipment needs
- Experience and understanding of forklift and reach truck operation requirements
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Motivated, self-driven with a proactive approach
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer service focused with the ability to motivate your team
- Flexible approach as out of hours support may be required from time to time
What we offer in return:
- Safety recognition programme
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Onsite Physiotherapist
- Corporate fleet programmes with major car dealers
- Novated leasing
We are a growing business that is focused on realising its vision through integrating acquisitions and new development in emerging and developed markets.
If you would like to join us, please complete the application form to submit your CV to Maria Lam, HR Business Partner.
We would love to hear from you!