Management Accountant (Fixed Term Contract)
Emergent Cold has established its initial presence in Australia and Asia through the acquisition of Swire Cold Storage Australia and Vietnam in December 2017. Emergent Cold is led by an experienced US based executive team with the Australasian head-quarters based in Melbourne.
We have an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Management Accountant to join us on a 12-month fixed term contract (maternity replacement).
Based in Dandenong South and reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and publishing the monthly financial reporting, financial forecasts and lead the annual budgeting process for Australia. Key to success will be to develop processes and reporting that will provide the business with recommendations and process improvements. Reporting for Australia includes all cash flow management, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting the accounting system.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete the monthly finance management reports, schedules and commentaries
- Maintain an actual and forecast cash flow model (weekly and monthly)
- Coordinate, prepare, deliver the annual budget, rolling forecasts and assist in preparing presentation decks to management
- Prepare financial analysis and ad-hoc reports using Calumo
- Support and ensure the integrity of the general ledger and financial system
- Maintain fixed assets, lease registers and ensure they are reviewed and reconciled
- Ensure monthly fixed asset book, tax depreciations are completed and reconciled to the General Ledger
- Oversee the credit card application and expense reimbursement process (Pro Master)
- Complete all assigned balance sheet reconciliations and queries are resolved
- Undertake the administration of fleet and commercial vehicles
- Complete various ABS forms
Skills and experience include:
- 5 plus years’ experience in a Management and/or Financial accounting role
- An Australian University recognised Degree within Accountancy or related business discipline with CPA/CA qualifications
- Intermediate knowledge of Australian accounting standards with an understanding and ability to apply accounting principles and concepts
- Intermediate level user of Calumo (or similar BI application)
- Intermediate level ERP system experience (similar to M3/Movex/Lawson)
- A strong understanding of how processes and controls work within an organisation
- Advanced level for Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of influencing skills with good time management skills
- Self-starter and displays initiative
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills with high attention to detail
We are a growing business that is focused on realising its vision through integrating acquisitions and new development in emerging and developed markets.
If you would like to be part of the team, please send your resume and cover letter to Maria Lam, HR Business Partner.
We respectfully request no agency submissions.