- Competitive salary + opportunity for annual incentive
- Being able to work and learn amongst some of the best experts in the industry
- Flexibility + access to professional development + uniform allowance
- Full Time 12 month Fixed Term Contract
ABOUT THE ROLE
An Elders Assurance Manager is responsible for delivering audit and assurance projects to drive effective risk management practices across the business. The Assurance Manager will work in the Internal Audit team and interact with all levels to deliver outcomes that drive improvements and sustainable change, whilst minimising risk exposures. Your skills will help the business more effectively manage risks and embrace change and with the backing of the Elders network, you will be supported to learn and grow your career.
WHAT WILL I DO?
As an Assurance Manager, you will:
- Partner with the business to identify audit areas using a prioritised risk-based approach, contributing to the overall governance and assurance.
- Lead multiple internal audit and advisory projects from risk assessment, planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Evaluate the governance, risks and controls frameworks related to the respective audits.
- Generate observations and insights that drive change and improvement across Elders.
- Proactively engage with business representatives to build relationships and to understand their challenges/perspectives.
- Influence attitudes and support business representatives to embed standard methodologies on governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Proactively identify resistance from the business, escalate and resolve in a responsive and respectful way.
- Collaborate with risk function to ensure risks and controls are captured and assessed.
- Review and supervise the work performed by other team members and ensure their projects are completed by established deadlines, and ensure quality on assigned audit projects.
- Lead teams of internal professional resources, contractors, and/or external co-sourcing partners.
- Leverage knowledge and experience to perform comparison against better practice and share outside in perspective of what other organisations do.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to identify emerging risks and issues and ensure that they are addressed in audit planning, scoping and execution.
- Provide support for strategic initiatives, system implementations, finance transformation and ad hoc investigations to drive improvement.
- Drive the development of internal audit processes and ongoing operational improvement.
WHO AM I?
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manager role in internal audit, controls assurance or operational risk management.
- Must have strong technical skills, exceptional business judgment and the highest level of integrity.
- Strong leadership skills (ability to take charge, set objectives, get results, and confidence to challenge the status quo, continuous learner).
- Ability to interpret complex issues, distil key points to be addressed and develop effective and practical recommendations to resolve problems.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage employees at all levels of the organisation plus ability to educate stakeholders on the importance of internal controls.
- Ability and confidence to autonomously deliver a range of activities under high quality standards and demanding deadlines, navigating through ambiguity and multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience in process transformation and controls optimisation.
- Someone curious, open-minded and collaborative who enjoys problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Accounting, Finance, Commerce or other relevant degree)
- Professional qualification (CPA, CIA, CA or equivalent desirable)
- Experience in agribusiness or retail (desirable)
- Required travel (from time to time)
WHAT WILL I GET IN RETURN?
We will provide you with:
- Training and professional development
- Flexible working arrangements that promote a positive and healthy work-life balance
- Access to discounts and offers from our partners and suppliers
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (annual, volunteering, paid parental, personal leave)
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and wellbeing support
- Access to an expansive network of agribusiness specialists to draw upon - there will always be someone in a pink shirt ready to lend a hand
We invest in our staff to ensure everyone who joins Elders is set up to succeed, from training and conferences to industry experts well within your reach offering support and guidance. We want you to thrive and be proud to put on the pink shirt. When you join the Elders team, you have the backing of an iconic Australian agricultural brand and a team of passionate individuals supporting and challenging you on your journey.
For a greater insight into the Elders family, be sure to check out our website at www.eldersrural.com.au
For more information, please contact Hsiu Ling Mai on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0455 404 819.
Please note applications may be short-listed and progressed prior to the closing date.
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in, and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences.