Domestic Service Attendant (Kitchen & Laundry)
ACCEPTING INTERNAL POSITIONS ONLY
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Higher than award wages: $23.80 p/hour
- Part-Time (2 x positions available)
- Based in Dandenong (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Eunice Seddon Home, located in South East Melbourne, offers affordable, high quality accommodation to 60 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Your new role
Wintringham is currently seeking an experienced and proactive individual to join our tight-knit and friendly Domestic Services team at Eunice Seddon Home as a part time Domestic Services Assistant.
Your roster will be as follows:
Week 1: Monday (1430-2030 Laundry) Tuesday (0730-1430 Cleaning) & Sunday (1530-1830 Kitchen)
Week 2: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday (1530-1830 Kitchen))
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (1530-1830 Kitchen)
Week2: Tuesday, Saturday & Sunday (1530-1830 Kitchen)
Applicants must be available to work all of the above shifts.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- To comply with the requirements of the food safety program.
- To assist with the preparation of all meals, drinks and snacks.
- To serve and clean up after meals.
- To assist with the cleaning schedule to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Ensuring provision of clean laundry throughout Eunice Seddon at all times
- Assisting with cleaning after meals (dishwashing, ad hoc cleaning)
- Other duties as directed by the Domestic Services Supervisor
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Food Safety Certificate and Food Handlers Certificate
- Prior experience in Aged Care (mandatory)
- Experience working with and knowledge of Cook/Chill method
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Qualifications and experience in food handling, infection control, manual handling and the use of cleaning chemicals (preferable
- Physically able to perform manual tasks including (but not limited to) bending & lifting
How to apply:
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here.
Applications can be directed to Julie Lack (Residential Site Manager – Eunice Seddon Home) and submitted by filling out the information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 14th April 2021.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.