Personal Care Assistant
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive base pay rates: $26.53 - $28.46 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
- Access to exclusive NFP Salary Packaging
- Part-Time (7 shifts per fortnight)
- Based in Dandenong (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Employing over 800 staff, Wintringham provides our residents with the ability to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Located in Dandenong, Eunice Seddon Home offers affordable, high quality accommodation to 60 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Your new role:
Wintringham is currently seeking a proactive and experienced Personal Care Assistant to join our fast-paced and dynamic team at Eunice Seddon Home on a Part-Time basis.
The available hours are:
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday & Sunday (0730-1230)
Week 2: Monday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday (0730-1230)
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assisting residents with personal care including personal hygiene, dressing, grooming and other activities of daily living
- To observe and report changes in resident’s behaviour or physical condition
- To liaise with medical practitioners, pharmacists and other health services to provide relevant services for the care and wellbeing of the residents
- Assisting in administration of cigarette and alcohol programs
- Observing and reporting changes in residents behaviour or physical condition and maintain appropriate documentation as required
- Providing emotional support to residents
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times
What we will need from you:
Successful applicants will have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care/Individual Support with It is essential that applicants have excellent communication skills and an understanding of the special needs of older people. Your qualifications and skills will be further supported by:
- Prior experience in Aged Care
- Prior experience working with people from a financially disadvantaged/homeless background (highly advantageous)
- Completion of medication administration unit (HLTHPS006 - Assist Clients with Medication) and prior experience administering medications to clients/residents is highly advantageous, but not mandatory
- Food Handler’s Certificate (highly advantageous)
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- Current CPR & First Aid
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the PD link 'HERE'
Applications can be directed to Julie Lack (Residential Site Manager – Eunice Seddon Home) and submitted by filling out the information below.
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 14th May 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.