ESTA is recruiting Call-takers through-out 2022, if you would like to apply please submit your application. Due to the comprehensive nature of the recruitment and selection process, it typically takes between two and four months from application through to offer. After you submit your application we will contact you to advise if your application is being progressed to the next stage of the selection process.
ESTA is the critical link between the Victorian community and the state's emergency services agencies and it partners with the agencies to improve service delivery to the community. It provides Victoria's 24-hour emergency call-taking and dispatch services for police, fire, ambulance and VICSES and manages the provision of advanced, operational communications for police, ambulance, fire services and the SES. Its vision is to be a high-performing team trusted by the community and our partners to deliver the right emergency response, and its central goal is to save lives and prevent harm through speed and accuracy in emergency operations.
About the role
- Call-takers receive and process all emergency and non-emergency calls from the public and other agencies, including:
- Answering Triple Zero calls and obtaining all the information required by following a standard sequence of procedures;
- Verifying the event location and accurately identifying it on a mapping system;
- Accurately entering all relevant information received into the ESTA Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system for use by a Dispatcher; and process updates and further information as the event or incident progresses.
- ESTA has several roster options depending upon your location and agency preference. These options allow employees flexibility and balance to meet their individual circumstances and work preferences, these include: full-time rotating roster, full-time set roster and part-time set roster. For further details around our working arrangements, please see here.
Who we are looking for
ESTA Call-taker roles are unique and challenging and we have successful Call-takers from a wide range of occupation backgrounds, life stages and cultural backgrounds. We are seeking people who are a strong match with the following competencies:
- You use computer software and equipment to quickly and accurately complete tasks under time pressure (often while multi-tasking).
- You type quickly and accurately.
- You work with speed and accuracy within established procedures.
- You consistently achieve results through effective decision-making and persistence.
- You communicate effectively by listening, showing appropriate empathy and adapting your communication style to the situation.
- You are composed and calm in pressure situations and tolerate stress.
- You demonstrate the highest standards of professional conduct and support for others.
- You learn quickly, enjoy developing your capability and embrace feedback.
Benefits & culture
- Belong to a connected and highly supportive and caring team, united by a common purpose
- Attractive pay and conditions including 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training
To find out more about this rewarding career opportunity, please click here to download a copy of the Applicant Information Kit.
In accordance with the Public Health Directions issued by the Chief Health Officer, ESTA must comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID 19 vaccinations for authorised workers. If you are successful in gaining employment with ESTA you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination against COVID 19.