Outdoor Temporary & Casual Employee Pool (TEMPO)
Fraser Coast Region
Exciting news – Fraser Coast Regional Council’s two-day skills development training program for Outdoor Team Members is open again for expressions of interest. Past participants in this Excellence Award winning program have successfully been employed within Council in variety of placements across Roads, Construction, Water, Waste, and Parks. With many going on to secure permanent positions within Council.
The training program comprises of basic training on safety and key soft skills needed for all employment opportunities. All participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion, which will outline the skills developed throughout the training. After completing the training program those participants who demonstrate high performance throughout the program and TRAITS needed to work in an outdoor team have the opportunity to join Council’s outdoor TEMPO pool, subject to meeting the eligibility recruitment criteria and available employment opportunities within Council.
The program is intended to increase the employability of residents of the Fraser Coast region and help unlock career opportunities.
Successful candidates must be highly motivated, willing to learn new skills and readily available during business hours.
Before applying, please read the fact sheet and the position description attached below.
What you should have to apply:
- physically fit and have an enthusiasm for working outdoors and undertaking manual work
- open to work as a casual relief team member/ operator rotating in various departments as required
- be highly motivated
- be open and willing to learn
- outstanding work ethic
- compliance and adherence to safety policies and procedures
- be willing and able to follow instructions, including complying with written procedures
- Queensland general construction induction training card (white card) or equivalent
- be willing to have a police check conducted
- have a current driver license (or be in the process of obtaining one) or be able to access transport to Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Tiaro and Oakhurst.
- be able to provide suitable proof of identity (e.g. driver licence, passport, proof of age card etc.)
Members from the previous round’s stories
Tempo Member – A
I have worked with many great crews across all my placements. I am treated as one of the team and I make sure I have my crew-mates back. What I enjoy about the placements is I get to work on maintaining and improving the Fraser Coast.
Tempo Member – B
I recently retired to Hervey Bay, but I was missing the comradery and fulfilment I found from working. The TEMPO program has given me the flexibility to say yes to temporary positions in a variety of areas, however, provides the flexibility for work life balance.
Tempo Member – C
After completing a three-month placement, I applied and secured a permanent position. I put my success down to the skills I learnt in the training, and constantly demonstrating my willingness to learn and ability to get the job done. I would recommend this opportunity to anyone who wants to build a career within Council.
These are a few highlights of the success the program has brought to its participants. It has provided all participants, with transferable skills to support future job placement and career growth.
What all successful candidates have had in common is being willing to have a go, work safely and a great team spirit.
Placements are generally Monday to Friday hours fall between 6am and 6pm.
- Application received
- Interview day – involves participating in a traditional interview and practical assessments
- Two-day training course
- Recruitment checks including functional capacity, reference and police checks
Who can apply?
This training program is open to anyone who resides in the Fraser Coast region. Fraser Coast Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on Wednesday 05 October 2022
HOW TO APPLY:
- Before starting, please read the fact sheet and the position description attached.
- Ensure your resume is updated including two recent professional referees, accurate contact details including your phone number and email address. The resume format should be .doc, .docx or .pdf format. PDF format is preferred. A cover letter is not required.
- Optional: A video recording no longer than one minute and no larger than 32MB, answering the below questions
- What excites you about this position and why?
- Tell me about the best idea you have come up with? The idea can be from personal or work experience.
- For hints on how to reduce the size of your video recording please click here.
- For further information about the program or application process, please contact Jane McLoughlin, Temporary Employment Placement Officer on (07) 4197 4320 during business hours.