Genetic Pathologist - Genome.One
At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. How do we achieve this? Through our world-leading, Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS) – and the brilliant minds that power it.
A new opportunity exists for a Genetic Pathologist to join our expanding clinical team at Genome.One. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer - Genome.One, this position will be responsible for providing a consultative genetic and genomic pathology service to clinicians and other health professionals. The Genetic Pathologist will also contribute to the development of new and the ongoing improvement of existing clinical services.
To be successful in this position, you will be a talented and analytical thinker who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment like Genome.One. You will be team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and empowerment. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- Registered Medical Practitioner in Australia or eligible for such registration
- Holds or eligible for a Fellowship of the RCPA (FRCPA), or holds a specialist qualification recognised as equivalent to FRCPA, with scope of practice in Genetic Pathology, to enable recognition as a Specialist Pathologist in Australia in the discipline of Genetic/Genomic Pathology
- Experience and expertise in genomics (both diagnostic and personalised/precision healthcare) is desirable
- Interest in and understanding of bioinformatics is desirable
- Ability to work harmoniously and constructively in complex team environments to achieve goals
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively
- Ability to foster good working relationships with a wide range of clinical and other stakeholders
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise workload
For any further queries please contact Dr Leslie Burnett, Chief Medical Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Genome.One is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, which was purpose built to provide answers to life’s biggest health questions utilising a test that will revolutionise the diagnosis of genetic conditions, achieved through Whole Genome Sequencing technology (WGS).
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via Garvan’s careers website:
Please prepare and submit your application as per the directions below:
- A Cover Letter
- CV including 3 Referees
We are reviewing applications as they are received. However candidates are encouraged to submit their application by: 10th June 2017.