Social Group Program Assistant
Here at genU we're a group of passionate, driven people who want everyone’s lives to be happier and healthier, especially people with disabilities, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage.
We operate solely for community benefit and invest back into the same communities in which our services are delivered.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team.
About the role
DoCare is a genU program aimed at helping socially isolated seniors access their community. We are looking for a person who enjoys and can facilitate social outings with groups of 5-9 seniors. The program is outing based and successful applicants will be required to transport and attend activities with clients.
Duties will include:
- Facilitate activities in accordance to the Leisure & Lifestyle Program;
- Provide support and assistance to clients to participate in group based activities and outings of their choice;
- Provision of support and assistance to the client in accordance with their individual care plans to achieve their goals.
To be successful in this role it is a requirement that you hold:
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support or equivalent;
- Current drivers license;
- Must have or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Must have or be willing to complete the NDIS Worker Orientation Module 'Quality, Safety and You'
- genU requires all employees, contractors, volunteers, and work-placement students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Benefits & Culture
genU welcomes diversity, including diversity of race, culture, spirituality, gender, age, identity, ability and sexuality. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all and living the values of genU each and every day.
- Salary Packaging benefits to increase your take home pay!
- Ongoing training & development – accredited and paid
- Employee Assistance Program including a dietician service and financial assistance service
- Career development opportunities
Please click here for a copy of the position description outlining full details of this role.
genU is committed to providing accessible, inclusive and equitable recruitment processes for all candidates. For further details about the role of if you would like to discuss reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process please contact Siarhra Atkins at email@example.com or on 0419 390 235
Applications will close Friday 3rd June at 9:00am