genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team.
About the role
The primary role of the Occupational Therapist within the Support Coordination team at genU is to draw on discipline skills to provide targeted specialist assessments and therapeutic interventions as detailed in their NDIS Plan. Within the role of the Occupational Therapist you will work in collaboration with the client, family carers, support coordinators and all other relevant providers to deliver a high quality and responsive service.
The Occupational Therapist will operate in the NDIS Framework to complete all relevant specialist assessments including fully functional independent living skills assessments, develop individualised skill development plans, working holistically with client and families with the purpose of building capacity within all activities of daily living (ADLs), managing the impact of their disability, and improving their health, well-being to be, the best that they can be.
- Mandatory Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy;
- Current Occupational Therapy registration with AHPRA;
- Proven experience working people with a disability and/or mental health diagnosis;
- Proven experience working with participants of the NDIS;
- Experience completing assessments and making recommendations;
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Work for an organisation passionate about providing high quality support and care
- Ongoing training and support provided
- Career development opportunities
- Paid parental leave for primary carers after 12 months of employment
Please click here for a copy of the position description outlining full details of this role.
For further information on this role, please contact Tom McLaughlin on 0437 051 959.
Applications close on Wednesday the 21st of April at 08.00AM