Application close date: 18th August 2019
The George’ is 700+ people focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
An opportunity exists for an Human Resources (HR) / Payroll Administrator to join our growing organisation. The HR / Payroll Administrator is responsible for the processing of the Institute's payroll in conjunction with an outsourced payroll provider. The HR / Payroll Administrator will also be involved in day to day administrative support for the HR function within the George Institute.
The HR / Payroll Administrator, is an integral part of the HR team and provides daily assistance to all team members. The incumbent will also have regular contact with senior management and staff in general, and shall liaise regularly with service providers and institutions.
To achieve this, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Remuneration, Reward & Payroll
• Processing of monthly payroll and fortnightly casual payroll for Institute entities via outsourced payroll provider, including processing timesheets, calculation of increases, back pay, allowances and terminations
• Establish, maintain and ensure accuracy of all data in the payroll / HR information system
• Closely communicate with payroll providers, packaging providers and superannuation organisations where required
• Calculate remuneration packages with varying fringe benefits, allowances, scholarships and salary sacrifice, according to legislation
• Assist in the administration of reportable and exempt fringe benefits with the outsourced salary packaging organisation
• Provide quarterly salary packaging presentation to new starters
• First point of contact for employee payroll related questions
• Liaise with Finance team in relation to information regarding payroll journals, superannuation questions
• Assist in the remuneration review process
HR Administration & Team support
• Provide administrative support for HR team
• Manage the HR pages on the staff intranet site
• Provide general advice to staff on policies and procedures
• Maintain personnel files and staff lists across the organisation
• Prepare contracts and variation letters including probation review, change in employment terms, contract renewal, change in salary, change in hours, termination confirmation etc
• Generate reports for the team where required
• Participate in HR projects to improve process and efficiency
• Coordinate bi-monthly new starter induction events
• Provide HR induction to all new starters: including employees, students and visiting fellows
Learning & Development
• Process and liaise with Finance for Learning & Development (L&D) processing
• Track and record L&D expenditure
Success in the role, will be based on these key skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualifications or studying towards a HR or Business degree desirable
• Experience processing and managing payroll, particularly within a NFP environment advantageous
• Experience working with an outsourced payroll provider, ADP Payforce experience advantageous
• Exposure working with HR Information Systems desirable
• Excellent organisation and time management skills including the ability to prioritise demands
• Strong administration skills
• Excellent customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Good problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
We are reviewing applications as soon as we receive them, so apply now!
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.