- 4 Months contract - Full time or Part Time opportunity (0.8FTE - 1FTE)
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
Application close date: 16 December 2018
The George’ is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
We are seeking a proactive Learning & Development Specialist to join out growing organisation. The Learning & Development Specialist will work as part of the Global HR Team, this role is responsible for consulting with senior leaders across the business to understand the learning and development needs (aligned to the newly created 2025 strategy) and then providing recommendations on building best practice approaches for building knowledge, skill and talent within the Institute.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Conduct thorough 'current state assessment' of all learning currently undertaken at The George
- Work with Institute leaders and HR colleagues to determine L&D strategic needs
- Provide recommendations on best practice approaches to L&D strategy for the Institute including high level learning framework
- Determine the best resources for implementing the strategy (people, processes, online tools, etc)
- Map out the Global Talent initiatives needed to support the Strategic Plans for the George
- Recommend best practice leadership development initiatives
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of The Institute's Performance Management and Development Policy
- Demonstrate commitment to The Institute's organisational values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts
Deliverables / KPIs for the 4 months contract
- Articulate the current state landscape of learning currently conducted at The George
- Create a comprehensive SWOT analysis of learning at The George
- Build a Strategic Learning Framework for The George
- Recommend appropriate technology to support the learning framework
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- L&D Specialist with 10+ years hands on experience across a range of areas including L&D Strategy creation, Leadership Development and Learning Technology
- Passionate about learning
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning management systems
- Experience with learning content platforms
- Skilled in consulting with senior leaders
- Experienced in implementing prior learning & development initiatives
- Experience in setting an organisation wide learning strategy
- Experienced project manager
- Strategic and yet hands on
- Collaborative and excellent team player
- Experience working in either the Higher Education or Research sectors
- Familiarity with Cornerstone on Demand technology
- Experience working in a global organisation
This is a great opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and make an impact on global health outcomes.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
We are reviewing applications as soon as we receive them, so apply now!
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.