Community and Business Development Officer
- Temporary Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- 17 month contract
- From $78,171 per annum (plus super)
- Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about our community? If so, joining the Glen Innes Severn Council might be the right career move for you.
Working for Council means you'll be joining a dedicated team where your individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our community.
The Council covers an area of 5,487km2, and is located in the beautiful New England area of NSW. This area encompasses the town of Glen Innes and villages of Deepwater, Emmaville, Glencoe, Wellingrove and Red Range. We're proud of the contribution our community makes to this vibrant, dynamic and attractive area in which to live and work.
Glen Innes offers an attractive lifestyle including a well serviced and friendly rural community, laid back living, short commuting times, affordable housing, easy access to NSW north coast beaches and larger regional centres, and terrific recreational and sporting facilities.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our community, working with a diverse range of passionate, supportive and engaging people within a collaborative environment. You will also be part of a workplace that offers competitive employee benefits and opportunities and encourages professional development including:
- Salary packaging (including novated motor vehicle leasing and remote area housing benefits) for all permanent staff
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Corporate wellbeing programs
- Employee vaccinations
- PPE supplied
- Training and development programs
- Education assistance
Reporting to Council’s Manager of Economic Development, this exciting position will be responsible for coordination and on-site management of the Highlands Hub.
The Highlands Hub encompasses an online whole-of community platform for business, community groups, residents, and jobseekers as well as a co-working space that is designed to nurture the potential of local businesses, aspiring entrepreneurs and start-ups. With a social-impact approach to the delivery of programs, workshops, and training opportunities for our community we are seeking a digitally savvy rock-star in community engagement and customer service.
The successful applicant will help us deliver the vision to become the central place for Glen Innes Highlands residents to connect, create, innovate and grow, both online and in-person. The role includes community management; events planning and execution; marketing, communication and business development; and facilities and space management.
You will be part of a progressive and motivated team and supported in your delivery of this economic development initiative to help Council foster local socio-economic prosperity.
The ideal applicant is a self-starter. You will join the dots, make friends in high-places, warmly welcome people into the online platform and co-working space and celebrate their ideas, events, and ambitions. You will connect people with opportunities and advice and access to information when they most need it to grow and thrive.
While the role is initially grant-funded the on-going operational model provides the opportunity for the initial contract to be extended beyond the contractual term.
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Information Package
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Specifically, you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to network, communicate and negotiate achieve effective outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate and schedule programs, events, workshops.
- Ability to accurately manage budgets and provide reconciliations and reports.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and attend after hours meetings if required.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service and the ability to create and manage ongoing relationships
- Sound computer skills, particularly project and event management and administrative programs. High level computer literacy, particularly in the MS Office suite of products as well as design or content marketing products
- Current Class C (car) drivers’ licence
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Marketing, Communication, Tourism or Hospitality related fields
- Experience of working within Local Government in a similar role
- Experience in a service-related industry
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated experience in networking and local business development
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close: 5:00pm on Monday 24 January 2022
Carefully read the Information Package to familiarise yourself with the role and application process
Interviews will be conducted during week commencing 7 February 2022
Position specific enquiries may be directed to Margot Davis, Manager of Economic Development on (02) 6730 2403 or email email@example.com
Enquiries relating to the application process may be directed to Helen Stapleton on (02) 6730 2303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that as part of Glen Innes Severn Council's recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake referee checks, police checks and a functional assessment with Council’s physiotherapist.
All correspondence will be via the email address you supply as part of your application, therefore please ensure that the email address is valid and that you check it regularly (please be sure to check your junk email also).
Council is an EEO employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic, and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Craig Bennett - General Manager
Promoting a safe and healthy workplace