Casual Works Assistant
- Casual Positions
- From $24.12 per hour (plus casual loading)
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about our community? If so, joining the Glen Innes Severn Council might be the right career move for you.
Working for Council means you'll be joining a dedicated team where your individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our community.
The Council covers an area of 5,487km2, and is located in the beautiful New England area of NSW. This area encompasses the town of Glen Innes and villages of Deepwater, Emmaville, Glencoe, Wellingrove and Red Range. We're proud of the contribution our community makes to this vibrant, dynamic and attractive area in which to live and work.
Glen Innes offers an attractive lifestyle including a well serviced and friendly rural community, laid back living, short commuting times, affordable housing, easy access to NSW north coast beaches and larger regional centres, and terrific recreational and sporting facilities.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our community, working with a diverse range of passionate, supportive and engaging people within a collaborative environment. You will also be part of a workplace that offers competitive employee benefits and opportunities and encourages professional development including:
- Corporate wellbeing programs
- PPE supplied
- Training and development programs
- Education assistance
Working in Council’s Works Section, this position performs a key role within the team responsible for construction and maintenance of Council's assets and related infrastructure.
This position could work within a number of different departments/sections and as such, you will:
- Receive and act on written work orders or verbal instructions from the Works Coordinator or other assigned supervisor.
- Ensure that all work conforms to required safety standards, including the completion of site specific risk assessments and safety training for employees and contractors, installation and maintenance of safety signage, proper maintenance of equipment, and implementation of Work Method Statements and Traffic Control Plans.
- Perform basic labouring duties as required, including manual lifting and moving of objects and materials, and manual excavation of earthworks.
- Perform routine asset maintenance activities including collection and disposal of litter and detritus, removal of graffiti and posters, and erection and removal of erosion and sediment control devices.
- Operate a variety of basic plant items, including pumps, concrete mixers, line-trimmers and jack hammers, and carries out appropriate maintenance and safety checks before, during and after operation.
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Information Package
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Specifically, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to competently perform labouring work and operate a variety of power tools and minor plant items
- Basic road maintenance and construction skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Class C Driver’s Licence (manual Car Licence)
- WorkCover Certificate General WHS Induction for Construction (White Card)
- Class MR Driver’s Licence (Medium Rigid)
- Traffic Controller Certificate of Competence (Blue Card)
- Previous experience and / or appropriate accreditations in: traffic control; chainsaw operations; road maintenance; carpentry; plumbing; concreting
HOW TO APPLY
- Carefully read the Information Package to familiarise yourself with the role and application process
- Position specific enquiries may be directed to Chris Davis on (0418) 672 641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enquiries relating to the application process may be directed to Helen Stapleton on (02) 6730 2303 or email email@example.com
- Please note that as part of Glen Innes Severn Council's recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake referee checks, police checks and a functional assessment with Council’s physiotherapist.
- All candidates will be notified of the outcome via the email address you supply as part of your application.
Council is an EEO employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic, and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Craig Bennett - General Manager
Promoting a safe and healthy workplace