- Permanent Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- From $60,548 per annum (plus super)
- Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about our community? If so, joining the Glen Innes Severn Council might be the right career move for you.
Working for Council means you'll be joining a dedicated team where your individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our community.
The Council covers an area of 5,487km2, and is located in the beautiful New England area of NSW. This area encompasses the town of Glen Innes and villages of Deepwater, Emmaville, Glencoe, Wellingrove and Red Range. We're proud of the contribution our community makes to this vibrant, dynamic and attractive area in which to live and work.
Glen Innes offers an attractive lifestyle including a well serviced and friendly rural community, laid back living, short commuting times, affordable housing, easy access to NSW north coast beaches and larger regional centres, and terrific recreational and sporting facilities.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our community, working with a diverse range of passionate, supportive and engaging people within a collaborative environment. You will also be part of a workplace that offers competitive employee benefits and opportunities and encourages professional development including:
- Salary packaging (including novated motor vehicle leasing and remote area housing benefits) for all permanent staff
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Corporate wellbeing programs
- PPE supplied
- Training and development programs
- Education assistance
Working in Council’s Finance Team, this position performs a key role by providing support to the Finance Section in a wide range of finance related matters.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will:
- Ensure the correct recording of all of Council’s grants in line with the various grant funding agreements, and that the balance of funds is readily available at any time, particularly at year end for recording carry over funds and performing acquittals.
- Administer all Council leases and ensures transactions are recorded correctly in the general ledger.
- Assist with the preparation and input of budgets and the regular review of budgets across Council.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements.
- Assist in the preparation of relevant statutory returns (e.g. ABS, FBT, GST) as requested.
- Assist in conducting financial investigations and audits, and assists in providing advice and reports on financial matters, in consultation with the Financial Accountant, Management Accountant and / or Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist with the coordination, review and implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures, in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepares and processes journal entries to the general ledger and sub-ledger accounts to transfer funds or correct errors in transactions, for approval by the Chief Financial Officer or the Financial Accountant.
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Information Package
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Specifically, you will have:
- Demonstrated practical experience and ability in the administration of financial reconciliations.
- Demonstrated high level financial skills with the ability to provide a range of financial administrative activities relating to reconciliations, costing, invoicing, reporting and budgeting.
- Ability to assist with the preparation of reports on financial and non-financial information.
- Effective mathematical, oral and written communication skills.
- Sound computer skills, including the administration and use of computerised accounting systems, and the design and application of advanced financial spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated current working knowledge of Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT).
- Certificate III or higher qualification in Accounting (or related subject).
- Knowledge of NSW Local Government accounting principles and / or familiarity with Practical Plus and/or Open Office Local Government accounting systems.
- Class C driver's licence (Car Licence).
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications close: 5:00pm on Monday 10 May 2021
- Carefully read the Information Package to familiarise yourself with the role and application process
- Position specific enquiries may be directed to Stephen Harbort, Chief Financial Officer on (02) 6730 2320 or email email@example.com
- Enquiries relating to the application process may be directed to Helen Stapleton on (02) 6730 2303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that as part of Glen Innes Severn Council's recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake referee checks, police checks and a functional assessment with Council’s physiotherapist.
- All candidates will be notified of the outcome via the email address you supply as part of your application so please ensure that you check this regularly. Please also check your junk/spam folders.
Council is an EEO employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic, and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Craig Bennett - General Manager
Promoting a safe and healthy workplace