Creditors Officer (readvertised)
Permanent Full-Time (70 hours per fortnight)
From $54,459pa (plus super)
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about our community? If so, joining the Glen Innes Severn Council might be the right career move for you.
Working for Council means you'll be joining a dedicated team where your individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our community.
The Council covers an area of 5,487km2, and is located in the beautiful New England area of NSW. This area encompasses the town of Glen Innes and villages of Deepwater, Emmaville, Glencoe, Wellingrove and Red Range. We're proud of the contribution our community makes to this vibrant, dynamic and attractive area in which to live and work.
Glen Innes offers an attractive lifestyle including a well serviced and friendly rural community, laid back living, short commuting times, affordable housing, easy access to NSW north coast beaches and larger regional centres, and terrific recreational and sporting facilities.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our community, working with a diverse range of passionate, supportive and engaging people within a collaborative environment. You will also be part of a workplace that offers competitive employee benefits and opportunities and encourages professional development including:
- Salary packaging (including novated motor vehicle leasing and remote area housing benefits) for all permanent staff
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Corporate wellbeing programs
- Employee vaccinations
- PPE supplied
- Training and development programs
- Education assistance
Working in Council’s Finance Section, this key position is responsible for preparing, processing and remitting payments for accounts payable and maintaining associated data and records in accordance with statutory and Council requirements.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, you will:
- Receive invoices and associated documentation from suppliers and sort and distribute documentation to relevant managers for payment authorisation.
- Check invoices, payment authorities and associated documents to ensure compliance with Goods and Services Tax (GST), ordering and authorisation protocols and procedures, costing information and general accuracy.
- Prepare and process invoices, payment authorities and other documentation for input into Council’s computerised accounting system and enter information into system.
- Generate and remit payments to creditors via cheque or direct deposit to meet supplier payment terms and forward remittance advices to creditors in accordance with Council’s procedures.
- Maintain physical and computerised creditor records and file in accordance with statutory requirements and Council’s procedures, including setting up and maintaining records for direct credit of payments to bank accounts.
- Ensure that creditor records and information systems comply with confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Reconcile payments made or owing against supplier statements on a monthly basis, to ensure that payments match supplier invoice records and statement balances.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between payments and supplier records, in consultation with suppliers and relevant personnel.
- Assist suppliers and other customers with general enquiries about creditor accounts.
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Information Package
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Specifically, you will have:
- Demonstrated commitment to high standards of customer service
- Proven ability to deal appropriately with sensitive and / or confidential information
- Demonstrated knowledge of Goods and Services Tax (GST) requirements
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Sound computer skills, including the design and application of basic spreadsheets
- Sound mathematical skills and attention to detail in calculating monetary transactions
- Certificate III in Business Administration or, knowledge of the administration and processing of accounts payable
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices
- Familiarity with Practical Plus / Open Office Local Government accounting software
- Class C (Car) Drivers Licence
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close: 5:00pm on Monday 25 October 2021
Carefully read the Information Package to familiarise yourself with the role and application process
Interviews will be conducted during week commencing 8 November 2021
Position specific enquiries may be directed to Amy Watson on (02) 6730 2310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries relating to the application process may be directed to Helen Stapleton on (02) 6730 2303 or email email@example.com
Please note that as part of Glen Innes Severn Council's recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake referee checks, police checks and a functional assessment with Council’s physiotherapist.
All correspondence will be via the email address you supply as part of your application, therefore please ensure that the email address is valid and that you check it regularly (please be sure to check your junk email also)
Council is an EEO employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic, and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Craig Bennett - General Manager
Promoting a safe and healthy workplace