Business Development Specialist
- Full-time ongoing role
- Fundamental position with one of Australia’s most reputable charities
- CBD location with flexible working arrangements
About Guide Dogs SA/NT
At Guide Dogs SA/NT we use our expertise in dogs and vision to promote independence, participation, inclusion and wellbeing for people with low vision, blindness and specialised support needs.
We offer a collaborative, flexible working environment and opportunities for growth and development.
About the role
We have an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with the skills, energy, and motivation to drive business development not only with our most beloved dogs but also within our life-changing Vision Services and other business. The position is based at our Morphett St office and offers the flexibility to partially work from home.
Reporting directly to the General Managing Fundraising, Marketing & Communications you will play an integral role in the growth of the business. Responsibilities include:
- Create business development, acquisition and engagement strategies.
- Identify and develop new client acquisition, commercial and corporate support opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for new and/or differentiated service offerings.
- Prepare business cases and reports, expressions of interest, proposals, tenders and grant applications.
- Drive conversion of leads and referrals to generate new business.
- Create presentations that inform and promote a comprehensive understanding of service offerings and solutions to help meet the needs of people living with low vision, blindness or other specialised needs.
You’re an experienced and professional business development specialist with the following attributes:
- Self-motivated and enjoys new challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the patience to build trusted relationships over the phone, on zoom, and in-person meetings.
- An ability to think strategically, drive innovation and develop business solutions for customers and prospects.
- Extensive B2B sales, new business development and sourcing your own leads.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and closing new business opportunities.
- Excellent time management, personal organisation, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with others and co-create solutions.
Relevant employment clearances will be required upon appointment (costs covered by Guide Dogs SA/NT).
Following Government Directions in relation to COVID-19 vaccinations, proof of full vaccination will be required.
- Work within a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice and maximise your take-home pay.
- Access to training and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements – including work from home options.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering external counselling and support services to you and your family.
- Free annual flu shots.
- Make a difference for people living with low vision or blindness.
- Dogs in the office!
For a complete description of the role's key responsibilities and requirements, please review the Position Description.
For a confidential discussion please call Jason Clark, General Manager, Fundraising, Marketing & Communications on 08 8203 8370.
Please ensure your application addresses the requirements of the role as described in the Position Description and enter your details below to apply.
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.