Store Manager - Port Melbourne
About the Organisation
Haymes Paint is Australia’s largest family owned and operated manufacturer of premium brand architectural and decorative surface coatings. Established in Ballarat in 1935, Haymes Paint has gone from strength to strength and currently distributes and markets products nationally through the paint specialist channel. Supported by a national sales team our retail stores operate in Metropolitan and Regional areas.
About the Role
Haymes Paint is looking to appoint a Store Manager at our Port Melbourne store. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of the Haymes Paint team as a leader servicing our Trade, Commercial and Industrial customers. The store operates on a 5 day roster (Monday - Friday).
As the Store Manager you will be responsible for supporting and developing the team. As a customer-focused individual you will be driven to optimise sales. Your experience with stock management and knowledge of financials will mean you understand the demands of running a store and will ensure key goals are met.
Reporting to the National Company Stores Operations Manager, this key role is responsible for maximising the profitability of the store through new business development, strong leadership, efficient resource management and the delivery of exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
Some of the more specific responsibilities of the position will include:
- Implementing the necessary actions to achieve budgeted sales and profit contribution;
- Providing a safe working environment and ensuring all staff adhere to safe working procedures;
- Continually improving customer service by focusing on delighting every customer and providing a value-added service;
- Motivating, coaching and developing staff;
- Actively participating in store managers meetings, business discussions and other company projects;
- Facilitating two-way communication between store staff and senior management;
- Monitoring and controlling variable expenses, ensuring alignment to sales and budget, and monitoring sales and profit margins;
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
- Inventory management; and
- Business planning
To be successful you will be required demonstrated site management experience in a trade customer environment and experience in managing and developing staff.
You will be self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed and be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver exceptional customer service on a consistent basis. Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills will also be required, along with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. A strong background in the trade and/or commercial market will be highly regarded.
Additionally, you will need the ability to drive sales and profit growth, through analysing sales forecasts, managing inventory levels and maintaining effective control over variable expenses.
Proficient computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite, and a current driver's licence are a must.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an attractive salary package.
If you believe you meet the criteria of the position and will enjoy the challenges and diversity this role brings we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this position please follow the links and provide a copy of your resume with cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.