Paint Sales Assistant - Full time
About the business.
Haymes Paint is a family owned company recognised for Quality and Integrity. A highly regarded national brand Haymes retail outlets operate in Metropolitan and Regional areas.
About the role.
We currently have a position available for a Sales Assistant in our Bendigo store. This role is offered on a full time basis working shifts across a seven-day roster.
The position provides on the job training and the opportunity to learn about the Haymes Paint product range.
To be successful in this position you will have proven experience in a similar role, paint and/or hardware experience will be highly regarded.
Position duties involve:
- Greeting customers and assisting with product selection
- Tinting paint products to customer requirements
- Providing service and support to our retail customers
- Advising customers in store and by phone on Haymes products and accessories
- Timely and accurate preparation of paint orders for trade & retail customers
- Building strong relationships with trade customers in store
- Making local deliveries to trade customers
- Assisting with in-store displays, store presentation and house keeping
- Stock control
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Effective time management and planning
- A practical understanding of paint, preparation and application
- Able to assimilate new information quickly
- Previous sales experience
- Able to follow instruction and work effectively unsupervised
- A genuine desire to deliver a high level of customer service
- Current drivers licence
You will also need to have a positive attitude, be able to work both autonomously and in a team environment, have an unencumbered driver's licence and the capacity to perform manual tasks associated with the role e.g. lifting of 15 litre cans of paint.
Most importantly, you will love working with people and engaging with customers.
If you believe you meet this criteria and would value the opportunity to be a member of the Haymes Paint Bendigo team we encourage you to apply.