Assistant Store Manager - Warners Bay
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary and access to employee benefits
- Product training provided
About the business.
Haymes Paint is proudly the largest Australian owned Manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Our products aren't available in the big, corporate hardware stores, we choose instead to sell through independent retailers, where we can trust that the quality of personal service and advice matches the quality of our products - after all, it's the Haymes name and reputation on the can.
As a founding principal of Henry Haymes in 1935, the Haymes family continues the tradition of Quality and Integrity in the manufacture of our products and providing service to our customers. This is confirmed, as voted by our customers, our products and customer service have been awarded the Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers Award for the last three consecutive years.
About the position.
To support and maintain our high level of customer service we are currently recruiting for an Assistant Store Manager to join the Haymes Paint team in our newest Company store, soon to open in Warners Bay.
Working closely with the Store Manager this role is responsible for supporting and maintaining the high level of customer service offered to our retail and trade customers, ensuring the smooth day to day operations of the store and maintaining correct processes and procedures in the management of inventory, responding to customer inquires and processing POS and end of day.
Duties will include:
- Greeting customers and assisting with product selection
- Advising customers in store and by phone on relevant products and accessories
- Timely and accurate preparation of paint orders for trade & retail customers
- Building strong relationships with trade/retail customers in store
- Supporting the Haymes sales team in growing trade, industrial and retail business
- Assisting with store presentation
- Stock control
- Supporting and directing store staff
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Leadership skills
- A strong interest in the paint/surface coating industry
- Previous experience with trade and retail customers
- Effective time management and planning
- The ability to work under pressure
- A genuine desire to deliver a high level of customer service
- Have the physical capacity to lift weights up to 25 kg (15 litre cans of product)
Key requirements are you have a positive, friendly attitude, are able to work both autonomously and in a team environment and have an unencumbered driver's licence. Most importantly, you love working with people and engaging with customers.
What Haymes Paint can offer you.
- A supportive team environment
- A competitive salary and access to employee benefits
- Ongoing support and training
- Career growth opportunities
What our team members enjoy about the role.
- Passionate, supportive business
- Relaxed, fun environment
- Working for a family owned, Australian made manufacturer
- Building relationships with internal and external customers
- A challenging workplace that has no two days the same, a sense of satisfaction of your work
- Training available for personal development, career opportunities and advancement
- Quality people. Quality products
If you believe you meet these criteria and will enjoy the challenges and diversity this role brings we encourage you to apply. Please provide a copy of your resume with cover letter in your application.